Confetti Meatballs

I was in the store the other day looking for shredded carrots and came across some broccoli slaw. it seemed interesting, and there was a recipe on the back for CONFETTI MEATBALLS. It sounded really good, so I threw a bag into my cart.  I totally forgot about it for a few days, and yesterday was reorganizing my fridge after delivering 2 cakes I just made, and I found that bag of broccoli slaw!!



So here's the recipe, with my changes.

1 bag of broccoli slaw
3/4 lb of ground turkey or beef (i used 1lb of ground chicken)
1/2 cup chopped parsley ( i didn't have any)
5tsp grated Parmesan cheese
2tsp garlic powder ( I used more of course!)
1 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
2 tsp garlic salt (i ran out so I increased the garlic powder and added some salt and pepper)
2 eggs
(i also added some basil and red pepper flakes to add some spice)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Microwaved the broccoli slaw for 4 mins (it came in a steam bag)
open the bag up and let it cool. Do not add the HOT broccoli to the meat!! Be sure its cooled down!!



In a large bowl add all the ingredients and mix until well combined.



Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Use a standard ice cream scoop and make 12 meatballs. ( I used a smaller scoop and made 25)

Use your hands to form them if needed.

Place them on the baking sheet.


Bake for 30 mins or until completely cooked.

This is SUCH a good recipe!! It was flavorful and colorful!!! I think its a good way to incorporate veggies for those picky kids!! You can make your standard spaghetti and meatball dinner or you could make some mashed potatoes and gravy for something a bit different. These can be added to soup or just eaten on their own!! I'm definitely going to make these again and again!


PS I sprinkled the tops with more parm cheese when they were just about done and threw them under the broiler, there's always room for more cheese!!

Comments

Marie said…
Came across your page via Pinterest, thank you so much I was, I was so tired of seeing just "broccoli slaw" for broccoli slaw. Thank you again for sharing I can't wait to make this!

Popular Posts