Honey Whole Wheat Bread (bread maker style)



I don't know about you, but the SMELL of freshly baked bread is so amazing! The taste is even better.
I decided to put my bread maker to good use. I've only used it a handful of times as long as I've had it. My husband is a big bread eater...he will eat bread with every meal. For some reason lately i keep forgetting to buy bread at the store. The other day I figured I had the time, why not make some! Not that I need a lot of time with a bread maker!! You LITERALLY add the ingredients (wet on the bottom then the dry topped off with the yeast) and push a button. That's it. it will knead, punch, rest, rise, and bake all on its own! Even shuts its self off when completed! Simple easy healthier than store bread (no sugar added, unless you are making the honey wheat, then just a few teaspoons of honey) I made this recipe twice in 24 hours, changing just a few minor things.



Honey Wheat Bread

this makes a 1lb loaf

1 egg room temperature
plus enough water to equal 3/4 cup
(be sure the water is at least 80 degrees 

4 tsps oil ( i used olive the first time and canola the second time)
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup all purpose white (or bread flour)
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
or
1 tsp quick rise or bread machine yeast

Add the egg and water in the bottom of the bread machine, followed by the oil, honey, and salt. 
Then add your dry ingredients, and the yeast on top.

close the lid, and choose which setting you want. I chose basic medium crust. 
and hit start. My timer came up as 3 hours 50 mins. This is start to finish. 
I didn't have to do anything after hitting start. The bread came out warm and tasted great with just some butter, but also slightly rustic on a sandwich   One thing that's important is to leave the bread to cool, although tempting, it is all part of the process to make an excellent loaf. 



Comments

Popular Posts