Chicken Marsala


My father got me into making chicken marsala. He really enjoys this dish, however he likes it over angel hair pasta. I used what I had in my pantry when i made it this time. I'm not a big fan of mushrooms, but i can appreciate the flavors they add when you use them in dishes. I had a nice glass of white wine during this dinner, it was a nice addition of flavor.




What you need:
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded 1/4 inch thick
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup Marsala wine
  • 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves













What to do:

  1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
  2. In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in Marsala wine. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
  3. Add the spinach and let it begin to wilt.
  4. Boil some water and cook your pasta of choice, I used egg noodles.
  5. Place your noodles on a plate, add your chicken and cover with remaining sauce.






Follow amandacakes on Twitter FoodBlogBlog

Comments

Simply Life said…
Yum! That looks delicious!
AmandaCakes said…
THank you "Simply Life" for your comment!! it really was good, I definitely need to make this more often! and its super simple!!

Vincent, thanks so much for the compliments! I will check out your site soon!!!

~@
Alisa-Foodista said…
Now that looks really good, and I love that you paired it with white wine. I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and If you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

Popular Posts