Grilled Watermelon Salad

Follow amandacakes on Twitter

This recipe was interesting. I've read a lot recently about grilling watermelon and in theory it sounds good. I tried this the first time on my outdoor grill. I cleaned it the night before to be sure no old burger residue got onto my watermelon slices. When we tried it, the first thing that came to mind was warm watery burger...not soo good.


The second time I tried it on my indoor Griddler and it came out AMAZING! This was so refreshing and light, and to be honest you could even NOT grill the watermelon and have a great salad. I actually think i prefer the watermelon cold.



what you need:
4 square slices of watermelon about 1/2 inch thick, rind removed
2 cups mixed greens, i prefer something with arugula in it
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
about 4 TBSP crumbled goat cheese
olive oil salt and pepper

What to do:
lightly brush the olive oil on the watermelon slices. Preheat your grill to HOT HOT HOT! What you want it for it to sear the outside quickly, and NOT cook the watermelon. Place the watermelon on the grill and sear it for about 1-2 minutes per side. transfer to you serving plates.

Top each watermelon slice with about 1 TBSP crumbled goat cheese, 1/2 cup of the mixed greens then drizzle with the balsamic and lightly season with salt and pepper. serves 4

Comments

Popular Posts