I have chosen the cookbook

I am still inspired! As you read in my previous post, I watched the movie Julie+Julia and it changed my cooking world! I decided I am going to blog my way through a cookbook. I thought about this, what kind of  cook book should I cook through? Should I do a huge one with every kind of recipe imaginable? What about my readers...what would they be interested in reading? So I went to a book store and looked through a bunch of cook books. I narrowed it down to 2, then sat down with a glass of water and looked over every recipe in each book.

The book I chose is "America's Test Kitchen-The Best Simple Recipes....more than 200 flavorful, foolproof recipes that cook in 30 minutes or less" Sounds good to me!!



I figured with how everyone is these days, no one has the time to cook big meals with tons of ingredients and all these techniques and steps that are involved. I thought my readers would enjoy some good cooking that is quick and easy but most of all tastes good!

The recipes in this book are all that. They sound amazing! The good thing about all of America's Test Kitchen's books and magazines are that they test everything so you don't have to! They try all the different sauces and seasoning, utensils, and tell you the name and show you pictures of the ones that out did all the rest. For example in this cookbook they have a recipe for London Broil with Steakhouse Beans that calls for molasses. They have a note at the bottom of the page that gives you an overview of what molasses is, how its made, and what the opinions were of the tastings, with a picture of Grandma's Molasses.


I've had America's Test Kitchen's magazine subscriptions and i also received a few of their larger cookbooks as a wedding present and I really appreciate their hard work and I trust them.

I'm not sure how I will cook all these great recipes...I will most likely do a few recipes a week. I will always note on here when i am doing a recipe from here and will have it tagged so you can click and see all the recipes in one area.

Do you like this idea?
 Does America's Test Kitchen sound like a good start?

I'm excited about this. :)

images are from amazon  google and America's test kitchen 

Follow amandacakes on Twitter

Comments

eatrunliveCBUS said…
I love America's Test Kitchen and that book sounds right up my alley! I can't wait to hear how it goes and I may have to buy the book myself if you enjoy it! Keep posting...
AmandaCakes said…
Thanks! I am excited about it!

thank you for the comment!
Unknown said…
That idea sounds amazing! I loved that movie too! Can't wait to hear about working through the book :-)

Popular Posts