why do i blog?

I am originally from Stamford, CT, 45 minutes from NYC.I had a small at home cake business there. I have worked in restaurants for 12 plus years.I have experience in cooking, managing, waitressing, I've even been a pizza maker! I am currently in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I LOVE FOOD; and there is something magical in a restaurant, being able to serve people food that puts a smile on their face. Food brings people together. I really enjoy being a part of that.

I try new recipes, give my opinion and how I think it can be better, add a little of this or that to make the recipe my own. I Twitter and Facebook my updates. (click HERE to follow me)

 Food is creativity. The way you plate a dish, you can have such a fantastic experience tasting, touching + smelling food, but most of all i appreciate the work and love that goes into a dish.

Every day I wake up in the morning thinking of what I'm going to make for dinner. My brain is constantly planning meals and thinking about experimenting with ingredients. I love to buy foods that are in season and local.I am always researching different foods and ingredients, how to cook them, and then try it out.

The most important thing here is to experiment with tastes and flavors all the time. When I am trying to pick the the perfect recipe, i read 20 before I decide how I'm going to make something. I"ll take some information from one recipe and some information from another and just make it my own. I'm not afraid to experiment, hey if it comes out gross there's always take out, or Cocoa Krispies!

I hope to be able to answer any food questions you may have...comment on my posts good or bad, let me know how I'm doing! Is there something you are interested in learning more about? Ask me! I'll do the research for you! Looking for an easy but impressive dinner to serve your boyfriends parents?I'll find it for you! Do you want to know what I make my husband for dinner? I"ll tell you! Do you want more pictures? I"ll post them!

Would you be interested in short "how to" videos?? How to cut open an avocado? how to make dressing? how to chop an onion? ASK AWAY!!

I'm here for you to have a better food experience!

<3 AmandaCakes

Comments

Popular Posts